Hello to all my paneer lovers! And for those who have never tried it, it’s pretty similar to halloumi. Its one of those Indian dishes that me and my siblings usually fight over for the last piece so it’s a pretty big deal.
I’ll be sharing the recipe of making Paneer Tikka which is a common Indian appetiser made with chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in the tandoor oven but a normal oven works just as well!
What you need….
- Paneer 500g
- Peppers x3
- 1 red onion
- Dried fenugreek leaves
- Garlic ginger paste
- Mustard oil
- Greek yogurt (full fat) 400g
- Lemon for garnish
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Bamboo Skewers
- Parchment Paper
- Set oven to 220 °C
What you need to do…
- Firstly, you need to prepare the marinade. Pour the yogurt into a mixing bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala, chill powder,coriander powder, salt, mustard oil, dried fenugreek leaves and salt.
- Whisk until the spices have mixed into the yogurt. Add chopped coriander or parsley. You can even use mint leaves!
- Next add the chopped paneer, red onions, peppers into the bowl in the marinade bowl. Mix well so the veggies are fully coated. Add in lemon juice.
- Cover the bowl and leave for 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Place the paneer, peppers and onions onto a skewer in a similar pattern.
- Place the prepared skewers onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Bake for 20/30 minutes until the paneers look slightly charred.
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander.