A couple weeks ago I tried the King Prawn linguine at a restaurant and loved it so much that I was determined to try cook something even remotely close to it. It took me three tries to be completely happy with the dish and even though it doesn’t taste exactly the same, I love it!
Just a quick note on the side before I get into the recipe- I didn’t take exact measurements of all the ingredients and most of it was done by just tasting throughout the cooking process.
What you need…
- King Prawns 200g
- Spaghetti/ Linguine
- Double Cream
- Cherry tomatoes
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves x3
- Olive oil
- Red or Green Chilli (just to add a little bit of a kick)
What to do…
1. Cook the spaghetti/linguine in salted boiling water. Once it is cooked drain the pasta, saving some of the water and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile in a frying pan, heat up 3 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add the king prawns, salt and pepper and stir until the prawns are cooked.
3. Place the prawns on a plate and move to side.
4. Add 2 big tbsps of butter to the same pan in which the prawns were cooked.
5. Add chopped red chilli, crushed garlic ( x3) and cherry tomatoes. Stir for 3/4 minutes.
6. Next add the prawns cooked from before and mix.
7. Add a little bit of passata to the pan to give it a bit of colour followed by double cream.
8. Add grated Parmesan to the mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
9. Mix the pasta in and stir till it’s fully coated with the sauce.
10. Grate Parmesan on top once plated.